English Name: Rehmannia Glutinosa Extract
Used Part: Root
Latin Name: Rehmannia glutinousa Libosch
Active ingredients: Flavone
Specification: 4:1 5:1,10:1,20:1,40:1 ,1%-5% Flavone
Appearance: Brown fine powder
Test methods: TLC
Chinese rehmannia glutinosa root is a perennial herb found in northern China. It grows 6-8 in (15-20 cm) tall and has long leaves that are covered with fine hairs, fluted flowers that are reddish orange tinted with purple, and a round fruit. The root is thick and reddish yellow. Chinese foxglove root is collected in the fall. Its Latin name is Rehmannia glutinosa and it is also called Rehmannia chinensis.
Generally, Chinese foxglove root is used as a remedy for many different ailments: blurred vision, chronic fever, constipation, heart palpitations, hearing problems, hot flashes, insomnia, light-headedness, low back pain, menstrual irregularity and uterine bleeding (especially after childbirth), night sweats, restlessness, and stiff joints. It is also used to combat the effects of aging. Its effectiveness in treating these ailments has not been verified.
1. Seasonal febrile disease involving yinfen and yuefen,manifested as fever and irritability.
2. Blood-heat syndrome manifested as hematemesis,epistaxis,hemoptysis.
3. Febrile diseases with consumption of body fluid manifested as fever,thirst and constipation.
4. Syndrome of yin deficiency and fire-hyperactivity with hectic fever.
5. Lung dryness syndrome with cough of epistaxis.
6. Sthenic or asthenic heat-syndrome with sorethroat.