Astragalus Root Extract Polysaccharides
Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for thousands of years. It was often combined with other herbs to strengthen the body against disease. Astragaus is called an adaptogen, meaning it helps protect the body against various stresses, including physical, mental, or emotional stress.
Astragalus may help protect the body from diseases such as cancer and diabetes. It contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage. Astragalus is used to protect and support the immune system, preventing colds and upper respiratory infections, lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes, and protecting the liver.
Astragalus has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. People sometimes use it on the skin for wound care. In addition, studies have shown that astragalus has antiviral properties and stimulates the immune system, suggesting that it may help prevent colds.
In the United States, researchers have looked at astragalus as a possible treatment for people whose immune systems have been weakened by chemotherapy or radiation. In these studies, astragalus supplements seem to help people recover faster and live longer. Research on using astragalus for people with AIDS has produced mixed results.
Recent research in China suggests that, because astragalus is an antioxidant, it may help people with severe forms of heart disease, relieving symptoms, lowering cholesterol levels, and improving heart function. At low-to-moderate doses, astragalus has few side effects. However, it does interact with a number of other herbs and prescription medications. Astragalus may also be a mild diuretic, meaning it helps rid the body of excess fluid.
Benefits of Astragalus extract
1. Astragalus extract contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
2. Astragalus extract has effect on relieving stresses and protecting the body against various stresses, including physical, mental, or emotional stress;
3. Astragalus extract can be used as diuretic, and preventive activity against acute animals adrenal failure caused by gentamicin, Sedative effect on mice;
4. Astragalus extract is used to protect and support the immune system, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory, for preventing colds and upper respiratory infections;
5. Astragalus extract has the effect on lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes and protecting the liver.
6. Studies have documented that astragalus p.e boosts activity of several kinds of white blood cells and increases production of antibodies and interferon, the body own natural anti-viral agent.
Application of Astragalus extract
1. As added ingredients of medicines for improving immunity , benefitting spleen and kidney and treating impotence , cycloastragenol is widely used in the fields of medicine and health products;
2. Applied in cosmetic field, cycloastragenol is able to nourish and cure the skin.
3. Astragalus Root Extract Polysaccharides is widely used in animal feed additives.