Bulk Powder Chia Seed Extract 5%-60% Carnosic Acid Powder
Chia is an annual herb growing up to 1 m (3.3 ft) tall, with opposite leaves that are 4–8 cm (1.6–3.1 in) long and 3–5 cm (1.2–2.0 in) wide. Its flowers are purple or white and are produced in numerous clusters in a spike at the end of each stem.
Chia is grown commercially for its seed, a food that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, since the seeds yield 25–30% extractable oil, including α-linolenic acid (ALA). Of total fat, the composition of the oil can be 55% ω-3, 18% ω-6, 6% ω-9, and 10% saturated fat.
Chia seeds are typically small ovals with a diameter of about 1 mm (0.039 in). They are mottle-colored with brown, gray, black and white. The seeds are hydrophilic, absorbing up to 12 times their weight in liquid when soaked. While soaking, the seeds develop a mucilaginous gel-like coating that gives chia-based beverages a distinctive texture.
Function of chia seed extract
1. It can adjust menses
2. Lessen arthritis-related discomforts;
3. Another of the super foods: It was considered a high energy endurance food and was used as far back as the Aztec warriors during their conquests.
4. Chia seed is highly mucilaginous and has been used by diabetics to slow the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar.
5. Chia Seed Extrac also regulates moisture distribution to the cells of the body more efficiently.
6. Chia seeds are an excellent source of protein, dietary fiber and Omega 3 fatty acid and contain no gluten.
Application of chia seed extract
1. Applied in the food field, it has become a new raw material which used in food and beverage industry;
2. Applied in the health product field;
3. Applied in the pharmaceutical field.
Packing: Packaged in the net vacuum aluminum foil bag then packed in carton.
Storage: Keep tightly sealed. Stored in a cool dry place, protected from light, heat and oxygen. The preferred temperature is below 10℃ after open it.
Shelf Life: 24 months in the original package.