China Factory Supply Lichen Extract 98% Usnic Acid
Usnic acid is a naturally occurring dibenzofuran derivative found in several lichen species. It was first isolated by German scientist W. Knop in 1844 and first synthesized between 1933-1937 by Curd and Robertson.Usnic acid was identified in many genera of lichens including Usnea, Cladonia, Lecanora, Ramalina, Evernia, Parmelia and Alectoria. Although it is generally believed that usnic acid is exclusively restricted to lichens, in a few unconfirmed isolated cases the compound was found in kombucha tea and non-lichenized ascomycetes. At normal conditions, usnic acid is a bitter, yellow, solid substance. It is known to occur in nature in both the d- and l-forms as well as a racemic mixture.
Function of Lichen Extract 98% Usnic Acid
Usinic acid is extracted from Usnea, Usnea, also known as old man’s beard, is not a plant but a lichen—a symbiotic relationship between an algae and a fungus. The entire lichen is used medicinally. Usnea looks like long, fuzzy strings hanging from trees in the forests In natural remedies, especially in the veterinary medicine, Usnic Acid is used in powders and ointments for the treatment of infections of the skin. Usnic acid as a pure substance has been formulated in creams, toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorants and sunscreen products, in some cases as an active principle, in others as a preservative.
Lichen extract usnic acid powder can be used as a kind of spectrum antibiotic ;
2. Lichen extract usnic acid powder has inhibition function to the trichomonas vaginalis ;
3. Lichen extract usnic acid powder used to enhance human immunity ;
4. Lichen extract usnic acid powder has a certain curative effect to cure cervical inflammation, perineal rupture, dysentery and skin disease.
Application of Lichen Extract 98% Usnic Acid
1. Applied in pharmaceutical field, lichen extract usnic acid powder can be used as raw materials;
2. Applied in cosmetics field, lichen extract usnic acid powder can be used as used as an antibacteria agent.