Epilobium parviflorum, commonly known as the hoary willowherb or smallflower hairy willowherb, is a herbaceous perennial plant belonging to the Onagraceae family.Extracts of this plant have been used by traditional medicine in disorders of the prostate gland, bladder and kidney, having an antioxidant and antiinflammatory effect .Epilobium parviflorum herb has been prescribed internally as tea in the traditional Austrian medicine for treatment of disorders of the prostate, kidneys, and urinary tract. Extracts of Epilobium have been shown to inhibit proliferation of human prostate cells in-vitro by affecting progression of the cell cycle.Epilobium angustifolium L.(Rose Bay Willow-herb) is a circumpolar member of the evening-primrose family (Onagraceae).The plant is an abundant perennial that dominates many plant communities undergoing succession,quickly reclaiming disturbed ground such as cut or burned forest, thus explaining its common name, fireweed.
It is also commonly known as rosebay willowherb and great willowherb. Willowherb is often employed as the English name for the worldwide species. Canadian Willowherb? has been used to describe the plant growing in Canada, which appears to possess distinct characteristics from the European plant.
1) Epilobium parviflorum extract has been recognized as a powerful herb against bladder and kidney ailments, various urinary tract disturbances and especially helpful in cases of prostate disorders.
2) Tea made from the epilobium parviflorum can be a very beneficial treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
3) Epilobium parviflorum extract has also been useful in controlling urinary incontinence in both men and women.
4) Made into an ointment, epilobium parviflorum extract can soothe skin problems in children.
1) Epilobium parviflorum extract has been used in pharmaceutical stuff;
2) Epilobium parviflorum extract has been used in functional food and food additive;
3) Epilobium parviflorum extract has been used as cosmetics additive.