Purple sweet potatoes (Ipomoea batatas Lam) are a direct relative of the well-known orange sweet potato and come from the same family. The difference in color is explained by the presence of anthocyanins and antioxidants that give the flesh its purple color.
The origin of purple sweet potato traces back to South America, but because it is such a robust farming crop, its production has spanned the world, including Africa and China. Over time, different types have been developed including the Okinawan, Japanese, Taiwanese, and Stokes varieties.
1. Antioxidation, antimutation and liver protection.
2. Strengthen body physiques.
3. Lose weight and fit, and even anticancer.
4. It is becoming the optimum food owning to its non-pollution, green and organism characteristics.
5. Purple Potato embody affluent nutrition of Selenium and anthocyanidin.
1.Purple sweet potato color powder is red to purple red, liquid is brown purple, both has the characteristic odor of sweet potato.
2.It is fit for dyeing or complementary color of wine, soda pop, fruit drink, jam, candy and so on;
3.It can take place of chemosynthetic pigment and produce colourful drugs in drugs industry