What is Rhubarb Root Extract?
Rhubarb (Rheum rhabarbarum) is a species of plant in the family Polygonaceae. It is a herbaceous perennial growing from short, thick rhizomes. It produces large poisonous leaves that are somewhat triangular, with long fleshy edible stalks and small flowers grouped in large compound leafy greenish-white to rose-red inflorescences.
In culinary use, fresh raw leaf stalks (petioles) are crisp (similar to celery) with a strong, tart taste. Although rhubarb is not a true fruit, in the kitchen it is usually prepared as if it were. Most commonly, the stalks are cooked with sugar and used in pies, crumbles and other desserts. A number of varieties have been domesticated for human consumption, most of which are recognised as Rheum x hybridum by the Royal Horticultural Society.
Benefits of Rhubarb Root Extract
·Physcion can restrain staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia Coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
Streptococcus, shigella dysenteriae.
· Physcion extract powder can restrain the germinate of Hela cells of cervical carcino.
· Physcion extract powder also has the effect of antibiosis and can be used as cathartic additives.
Application of Rhubarb Root Extract
* Physcion have an inhibitory effect on human cervical cancer Hela cells
* Antibiotic action
* Physcion could used for laxative
* Physcion is usually used a active plant fungicide
* Physcion has control effect on powdery mildew, downy mildew, gray mold, anthrax, etc