Perilla is a traditional crop of China, India, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and other Asian countries. In North America, it is occasionally called by its Japanese name, shiso. In North America, it is also known as purple mint, Chinese basil, or wild coleus. Perilla seed oil is used for cooking, as a drying oil, and as a fuel. Perilla seed oil is high in the omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid.
Asian practitioners prescribe perilla for respiratory afflictions and prevention, pregnancy concerns, seafood poisoning, and 'incorrect energy balance.
Some evidence is available for the use of perilla oil for reduction in asthma symptoms, as well as use of perilla extract for seasonal allergies. More clinical evidence is required before recommendations can be made for any clinical usage of perilla.
1. Perilla leaf extract has the fucntion of enhancing immunity and the ability of antivirus and infection.
2. Perilla leaf extract anti-aging, anti-oxidant , antifatigue, adjusting cerebral nervous system, enhancing hematopoietic function and promoting metabolism.
3. Perilla leaf extract has the fucntion of Protecting hematopoietic function of marrow, improving the ability of hepatic detoxifcatio and promoting. Restoration of hepatic tissue.
4. Perilla leaf extract has the function of preventing and treating coronary heart disease, climacteric syndrome, diabetes, high blood pressure, anemia, etc.
5. Perilla leaf extract has the function of preventing cancer, activating normal cell and improving the blood circulation.
1. Applied in food additives, it owns the effect of antifatigue, anti-aging and nourishing brain.
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is used to treat coronary heart disease, angina cordis, bradycardia and high heart rate arrhythmia,high blood pressure, etc.
3. Applied in cosmetics field, it owns the effect of whitening, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle,anti-oxidant, activating skin Cells, making skin more tender and firm.