Product Name: Huperzia Serrata Extract Huperzine A
Active Ingredient: Huperzine A
CAS No: 102518-79-6
Chemical Formula: C15H18N2O
Storage: Cool and dry place
Huperzia Serrata Extract Huperzine A
Huperzia serrata is a plant native to India and Southeast Asia known as a firmoss, which contains the
acetylcholinesterase inhibitor huperzine A. Huperzine A has been found, through multiple studies, to be
effective as a medicine for helping people with neurodegenerative conditions, particularly Alzheimer's
disease. It is also used as a cognitive enhancer in various supplements.
Huperzine A is thought to be beneficial for problems with memory, loss of mental abilities (dementia),
and the muscular disorder myasthenia gravis because it acts as a cholinesterase inhibitor, meaning that
it has similar effects on neurotransmitters as some FDA-approved drugs for the treatment of Alzheimer's
disease. These effects include an increase in levels of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that nerves use to
communicate in the brain and elsewhere in the body. It is currently undergoing further clinical studies.
1. Helps repair short-term memory impairment and strengthens brain power;
2. Help focus attention and improve memory.
3. Huperzine A is an acetylcholinesterase inhibititor2.Hibiscus has also been used to treat hemorrhoids and wounds.
4. Huperzine A help treatment for diseases characterized by neurodegeneration
5. Huperzine A is also a NMDA receptor antagonist which protects the brain against glutamate induced damage.
1. As pharmaceutical raw materials for clearing heat, anti-inflammation, detumescence and so on, it is
mainly used in pharmaceutical field;
2. As the raw material of product for benefiting stomach, increasing energy and boosting the
immunity, widely used in health industry.