Description of Bitter Orange Extract
Citrus aurantium, commonly also named as Bitter orange , bitter orange flower , bitter orange peel , green orange , kijitsu , neroli oil , Seville orange , shangzhou zhiqiao , sour orange , bigarade , neroli flowers , laranja-amarga , laranja-azeda , laranja-cavalo , zhi shi , zhi qiao.
The Spanish and Portuguese brought bitter oranges to the Americas in the 1500s. In Chinese folk medicine,bitter orange was used as a tonic and carminative to treat dyspepsia. Dried bitter orange was used to treat ptosis of the uterus and anus, to relieve abdominal distention and diarrhea, and for blood in feces.
In Europe, bitter orange flowers and oil have been used as a sedative and as a prophylactic for GI complaints, nervous conditions, gout, sore throat, and insomnia. The plant has been used to treat toxic and anaphylactic shock, heart conditions, cardiac exhaustion, and cancer. In Brazilian folk medicine it was used as an anticonvulsant and to treat anxiety and insomnia.
Function of Bitter Orange Extract
1. Resistant to inflammation and hyper susceptibility.
2. Resistant to bacterium, include epiphyte and bacteria etc.
3. To be compared with other flavone plant, orange flavone has it own unique physiologic functions.
4. Resistant to oxidation activity, includes to clear away single turn oxygen, peroxide, hydroxide radical and other free radical.
5. Prevent circulatory system to be harmed by ill, make capillary vessel more flexible, resist platelet aggregation and regulate cardiovascular.
Application of Bitter Orange Extract
1.Applicated in pharmaceutical raw materials
2.Applicated in food and drink for health care
3.Applicated in cosmetic field
4.Applicated in food additivefield