Lycopene Supplement Tomato Extract Powder GMP
Specifications: 1%,5%,6%,10-98% lycopene
Appearance:Dark red powder
Sources: Lycopene is a carotenoid that is found in red fruit and vegetables such as watermelons, grapefruits and tomatoes. Tomatoes and tomato products contain particularly high concentrations of lycopene. These 'super strength' gelatin-free capsules contain 15mg of natural lycopene, are additive-free and are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Lycopene is a bright red carotene and carotenoid pigment and phytochemical found in tomatoes and other red fruits and vegetables, such as red carrots, watermelons, gac, papayas etc. Apart from being a non-toxic red pigment used as food additive, lycopene is used in the pharmaceutical field to prevent heart disease, (atherosclerosis), multiple cancers (such as prostate, breast, lung, bladder, ovaries, colon, pancreas). Lycopene is also used for treating human papilloma virus (HPV) infection, which is a major cause of uterine cancer, for cataracts and asthma.
Function of Lycopene
1. Age-Related Macular Degeneration and Lycopene lycopene can help prevent age-related macular degeneration in animals.
2. Antioxidant: lycopene does have antioxidant activity.
3. Lycopene for High Cholesterol Research is contradictory and most studies in humans use tomato juice (which has other healthy nutrients besides lycopene).
4. Cancer Prevention and Lycopene Studies have shown that a diet high in fruits, such as tomatoes, and vegetables decrease cancer risk.
Application of Lycopene
1. Lycopene is applied in cosmetic field.
(1) Lycopene has the function of anti-oxidant.
2. Lycopene is applied in food field.
(1) Lycopene can enhance body immunity.
(2) Lycopene has the function of anti-aging.
3. Lycopene is applied in Pharmaceutical field.
(1) Lycopene can prevent and inhibit cancer.
(2) Lycopene can protect cardiovascular system