What is Pomegranate ?
The pomegranate , botanical name Punica granatum, is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree growing between 5 and 8 m (16 and 26 ft) tall.Megranate is rich in vitamins and minerals. In addition, its husks and seeds are wildly used in Chinese Traditional Medicine. The interior of the pomegranate fruit is composed of many pink-red sections of pulp-like tissue, each of which contains a small seed grain. Pomegranate seeds are collected,dried and processed for medicinal uses.
In the Northern Hemisphere, the fruit is typically in season from September to February, and in the Southern Hemisphere from March to May. As intact arils or juice, pomegranates are used in cooking, baking, meal garnishes, juice blends, smoothies, and alcoholic beverages, such as cocktails and wine.
1) Improves capillary activity and strengthens capillary membranes;
2) Improves skin smoothness and elasticity;
3) Reduces diabetic retinopathy and improves visual acuity;
4) Reduces varicose veins;
5) Helps improve brain function;
6) Fights inflammation in arthritis and reduces the risk of phlebitis;
7) Prevent colon cancer, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, tongue cancer and skin tumors, etc.
1. In the Food & Beverage Industry, made into desserts, coffee, drinks etc;
2. In the nutraceutical field, made into kinds of healthcare supplement products;
3. In the pharmaceutical field, used as herbal medicine and ingredients for drugs;
4. In the cosmetic industry, as raw material for personal care products.