Introduction of He Shou Wu Root Extract
Polygonum cuspidatum extract , commonly known as Japanese knotweed, is a large, herbaceous perennial plant of the family Polygonaceae, native to Eastern Asia in Japan, China and Korea. Giant knotweed - an excellent source of the potent antioxidant resveratrol - is a plant that is characterized by its hollow stems and its wide, oval-shaped leaves. The giant knotweed plant also grows a profusion of small, white flowers during the late summer and early fall.
Once only found in Asia, giant knotweed is now cultivated and prized around the world for its high quantities of resveratrol, which has been shown to have a large number of excellent health benefits and is becoming more and more popular as a diet supplement.
Function of He Shou Wu Root Extract
1. Helpful for Cardiovascular Health. ( lowering blood glucose)
2. Preventing and treating diabetes( improving insulin sensitivity)
3. Reducing blood clots to enhance metabolism.
4. Improving immune system and protecting the immune system to eliminate diabetes.
5.Building up lean muscle, and losing weight loss by preventing and treating obesity
6. Alzheimer’s disease
7. Cellular damage due to free radicals
8. Retinopathy which may lead to kidney failure and blindness
9. Kidney disease
10. Stroke, heart disease, and heart attack
11. Inflammation as well as control
12. Growth and expansion of cancer cells
Applications of He Shou Wu Root Extract
1. Food field, it’s used as food additive with the function of lengthening life.
2. Pharmaceutical field, it is frequently used as medicine supplement or OTCs ingredients and owns good efficacy for treatment of cancer and cardio-cerebrovascular disease.
3. Comestics, it can delay aging and prevent UV radiation.