Views:11 Author:Golden Horizon (Chengdu) Technology Co., Ltd. Publish Time: 2020-08-10 Origin:Golden Horizon (Chengdu) Technology Co., Ltd.
A study published by researchers at New Haven University revealed another healthy functional property of stevia extract. As a natural alternative sweetener, stevia extract has been recognized by consumers, and the market has continued to grow rapidly in the past decade. At the same time, other health properties of stevia extract have also begun to attract the attention of researchers. The latest research of New Haven University found that the ethanol extract of stevia acts on the biofilm of Lyme disease (Lymedisease) pathogen Borrelia burgdorferi (BB), which can effectively destroy the biofilm and reduce the quality of bacteria. Reduce by 40%. This effect is even higher than that of antibiotics, and is considered a safer and more effective alternative to antibiotics.
Lyme disease is a serious disease of the heart and nervous system. If left untreated, it may also induce other harmful complications. For this disease, the American Academy of Infectious Diseases recommends doxycycline treatment for two to four weeks. Cefoperazone, daptomycin and their combination are also common treatments for this disease. However, these drugs have several problems. First, research shows that bacteria are constantly changing and adapting to drugs. Therefore, the role of antibiotics in killing pathogenic microorganisms is getting smaller and smaller. Second, the side effects are strong. In fact, up to 20% of Lyme disease patients may experience joint pain and fatigue within six months of treatment. This condition is called Lyme disease sequelae syndrome or chronic Lyme disease, and is caused by a pathogen that antibiotics fail to kill. In addition, antibiotic drugs are toxic and often cause various complications.
Compared with antibiotics, stevia extract did not show any signs of adverse reactions. In the test, it can eliminate 100% of pathogens, no pathogen regeneration was found after one week, and only 10% of pathogen regeneration after two weeks.
Other Health Benefits Of Stevia
Previous studies have found that as an effective alternative to sucrose and synthetic sweeteners, stevia also has other health benefits, including:
1. Beneficial to people with diabetes: Unlike sucrose, the sweetness of stevia is not absorbed by the body, but can be used by intestinal bacteria. Therefore, it is suitable for people who love sweets but are in blood sugar intolerance, such as diabetic patients;
2. Helps lose weight: Stevia extract has very low calories, which makes it very suitable for people on diet. Stevia can be used as a "guiltless" dessert, which is sweet but does not cause weight gain. To
3. Helps to control blood pressure: Some glycosides in stevia can relax blood vessels, increase urination and eliminate excess sodium (too much sodium may induce high blood pressure). At the same time, consumption of stevia also showed the effect of reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps prevent cancer: Stevia is rich in antioxidants, which helps keep cells healthy and prevent certain diseases such as cancer.
5. Contribute to tooth and skin care: The antibacterial properties of stevia make it very suitable for preventing the formation of skin and oral bacteria.
6. Helps to promote bone health: Stevia helps increase calcium metabolism, thereby helping to enhance bone density and prevent osteoporosis and other diseases.