Benzoin, also known as white flower bud, cockroach, is a resin of benzoin or Vietnamese benzoin. The benzoin is a mass of spherical granules, which varies in size; the outer reddish brown to grayish brown, embedded with yellow-white and gray-white opaque almond-like particles, the surface is rough and uneven; at room temperature, the texture is crisp, and the heat is softened; Aromatic, slightly spicy. Benzoin is native to the ancient Asian rest countries, the Kucha country, the Laos, the Arabian Peninsula and the Iranian plateau.
Benzoin has a reclamation effect, which can treat the symptoms of fainting, closed jaws and other closures. It is also feasible for blood circulation and is used for heart and abdominal pain and postpartum haemorrhea.
Function of Benzoin
1. Resin incense burns fresh and fragrant and is said to be sweet and soothing, some say it smells a vanilla-like.
2. Derived from trees, benzoin is believed to have antiseptic, stimulant, expectorant and diuretic properties and is included in some medicaments.
3. Gum benzoin is a major component of the type of church incense used Catholic ceremonies and some other Orthodox Christian societies.
1. It is mainly used in pharmaceutical field;
2. It is mainly used in health product industry.
3. Medicine and health products, beverages and food additives.