Views: 14 Author: Golden Horizon Biologics Publish Time: 2019-12-17 Origin: Golden Horizon Biologics
Rhamnose is 6-deoxy-L-pyranomannose obtained from the quercetin-producing hydrolysate through recovery and extraction. As a rare monosaccharide that exists in nature, rhamnose can be used to determine the permeability of the intestinal tract, can be used as a sweetener, and can also be used to synthesize glycosides of cardiac drugs and spices.
Rhamnose is a methyl pentose sugar and has properly been classified as one of the rarer sugars. This sugar is a constituent of many glycosides. The rhamnoglycoside of quercetin (rutin) has been most often used as a source of rhamnose and after its hydrolisis, it yields the aglycon and L-Rhamnose. Rhamnose obtained by this method is a very pure crystalline powder, free from any visible impurities. Rhamnose finds use in the flavor industry as a starting material for the production of furanones, as well as the starting raw material in reaction flavors developed during the preparation of various foods such as bread, grilled meats, etc. L-rhamnose is a natural sugar found in several animal, plant and bacterial polysaccharides. Commercially available rhamnose is produced by of arabic, karaya gums, or from sophora japonica rutin or citrus fruits which contain rhamnose.
Product Name: L-Rhamnose Monohydrate
Botanical Source: Sophora japonica L.
Specification: 98% -99%
Test method: HPLC
|Test Items||Quality standard|
|Loss on Drying||≤ 10.0%|
|Specific Substances||+8.8º -9.15º|
|Related Substances ||Conform prescribed|
Appearance of Solution
（10%w/v Apieous Solution）
|Clear and colouless|
Health Benefits Of L-Rhamnose Powder
1. Rhamnose powder has the function as allergen.
2. Rhamnose is used as sweetening agent.
3. Rhamnose can be used to assay the osmosis of intestinal canal.
4. L-rhamnose is used for Antibiosis and antineoplastic activity.
Main Applications Of Rhamnose
1. Applied in food field, L-rhamnose powder is added into kinds of beverage, liquor and foods as functional food additive.
2. Applied in health care products and supplement field as raw material, rhamnose powder prevent chronic diseases or relief symptom of climacteric syndrome.
3. Applied in cosmetics field as raw materials, rhamnose powder is widely added into the cosmetics with the function of delaying aging and compacting skin,thus make skin much smooth and delicate.
4. Rhamnose can be used in pharmaceutical field.