Amygdalin, called by some vitamin B17, is a cyanogenic glycoside derived from phenylalanine. It was Amygdalin was first isolated in 1830 from bitter almond seeds (Prunus dulcis) by French chemists Pierre-Jean Robiquet and Antoine Boutron-Charlard. Amygdalin is contained in fruit kernels, such as apricot (8 %), peach (6 %), bitter almond (5 %), and plum (2.5 %). It was thought to have antitumor effect, but these claims have not been supported by clinical trials. Amygdalin can diminish inflammation, lower blood sugar, relieve constipation, relieve cough and asthma. Used on skin it can eliminate pigmentation.
1. Amygdalin can Inhibit the respiratory center, cough and asthma .
2. Amygdalin can Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
3. Amygdalin can Anti-tumor effect.
4. Amygdalin can Lower blood sugar, hypolipidemic.
5. Amygdalin Elimination of pigmentation, freckles, dark spots, so as to achieve the effect of beauty.
6. Amygdalin Has effect on cough, asthma, chest full of phlegm, blood-chun, dry, dry bowel constipation.
1.Amygdalin significantly reduced the plaque index and bacterial count.
2. Amygdalin reduced oxidative stress and lowers blood sugar level in body.
3. Amygdalin interferes the life cycle of lice, inhibiting their ability to feed and preventing eggs from hatching.
4. Amygdalin enhances lipid peroxidation in the liver and blood of tumor-bearing models and accompanied by significant decreases in the activities of GSH-dependent antioxidant.
5. Amygdalin immobilizes and kills 100% human spermatozoa at high concentration.
6. Amygdalin lowers the lipid levels especially cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol in body.
7. When in health food field, Bitter Apricot kernel extract is widely used in food additives industry, which can be added into the dairy, beverage health care products, pastries, cold drinks, jelly, bread, milk and so on;
8. When in cosmetic field, Amygdalin is a kind of treatment for anti-skin cancer;
9. Vitamin B17 can also be used in pharmaceutical field.