What is Stevia Extract?
Stevia leaf extract comes from the stevia plant, which originates in South America. The primary components extracted from the stevia leaf are called steviol glycosides. Extract from these plants is used in stevia sweeteners to provide a sweet taste without calories in many foods and beverages.
Stevia Sweetener is the pure, natural ingredient food and beverage manufacturers are looking for to reduce or replace sugar, sugar alcohols, aspartame, sucralose, and high fructose corn syrup in their products. SweetLeaf is the private label source for zero-calorie stevia sweeteners.
Health Benefits of Stevia Extract
1. Stevia extract helps solve various skin problems;
2. Stevia extract can control high blood pressure and blood sugar levels;
3. Stevia extract helps to keep fit and reduce cravings for fatty foods.
Application of Stevia Extract
1. Applied in the food field, it is mainly used as a non-calorie food sweetener;
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, stevioside is approved to use in medicine in1992, and developing many new products in a few years;
3. Applied in other products, such as beverage, liquor, meat, dairy products and so on. As a kind of condiment, it also can play a preservative role to extend shelf-life.
· Tabletop sweetener for tea, coffee, etc.
· Flavored waters
· Flavored milk, either packaged or for school/cafeteria distribution
· Carbonated soft drinks, juices, and other beverages
· Ice creams, yogurts, sherbets
· Baked goods, cakes, biscuits
· Packaged oatmeal, cereals, bars
· Jams, sauces, pickles
· Puddings, desserts
· Chewing gum
· Seafood, vegetables
· Low-calorie or weight-loss diets
· Diabetes-friendly, ketogenic, vegan-friendly, and other special diets
· Gluten-free and kosher diets
· Prepared meals, fresh or frozen
· Customized formulations and more