Chamomile Flower Extract Apigenin
Chamomile (also spelled camomile), Matricaria recutita (Synonyms: Chamomilla chamomilla, Chamomilla recutita, Matricaria chamomilla, and Matricaria suaveolens), also called German chamomile, Hungarian chamomile,pineapple weed (referring to the shape of the inflorescences), is an annual plant of the composite family Asteraceae.
Apigenin (4,5,7-trihydroxyflavone), is a natural product belonging to the flavones class that is the aglycone of several naturally occurring glycosides. It is found in high amounts in several herbs including parsley, thyme, and peppermint. It is also found in a number of other herbs, including chamomile herb, Horsetail herb, lemon balm herb, perilla herb, vervain herb, and yarrow.
Function of Chamomile flower extract
(1) Apigenin has long been used as an after-meal and bedtime drink;
(2) Chamomile extract apigenin used for it's soothing effects and ability to support normal tone in the digestive tract;
(3) Apigenin powder used for a variety of ailments including: colic (especially in children), bloat,mild upper respiratory infections,premenstrual pain, anxiety and insomnia;
(4) Chamomile apigenin treat sore and chapped nipples in nursing mothers,as well as minor skin infections and abrasions.
(5) Eye drops made from these herbs are also used for tired eyes and mild ocular infections.
(6) Chamomilr extract apigenin can also be used for skin care, it is an effective cosmetics ingredient.
Application of Chamomile flower extract
1.Applied in food field, it is mainly used as food additives for nutrient
2.Applied in cosmetics, it is mainly used to whitening, anti-wrinkle and UV protection.