Introduction of Fig Leaf Extract
Ficus carica is a monoecious, deciduous tree or a large shrub. It is native to the Middle East. It was later cultivated from Afghanistan to Portugal, and from the 15th century onwards was grown in areas including Northern Europe and the New World. In the 16th century, Cardinal Pole introduced fig trees to Lambeth Palace.
Ficus caricas are one of the highest plant sources of calcium and fiber. According to USDA data for the Mission variety, dried figs are richest in fiber, copper, manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamin K, relative to human needs. They have smaller amounts of many other nutrients.Figs have a laxative effect and contain many antioxidants.
Benefit Of Fig Leaf Extract
1) control and lower blood pressure, lower sugar levels in the blood, and the dietary fiber lowers harmful cholesterol.
2) preventing the build up of plaque in arteries and veins (atherosclerosis).
3) help the heart to function normally.
4) prevents calcium loss, promote bone density and strength. Bone fragility leads to brittleness and thinning of the bones, eventually leading to osteoporosis and/or arthritis
5)reduce the risk of breast cancer.
6) Beneficial for iron deficient anemic individuals, menstruating, pregnant and lactating women.
7)It also has anti septic and emollient properties, making it an excellent home remedy for skin care, fresh mashed figs applied on skin not only cleanses it, but helps in curing acne and pimples.
8) laxative effect and contain many antioxidants.
Application of Fig Leaf Extract
1.Applied in food field
2.Applied in cosmetic field
3.Applied in pharmaceutical