Introduction of psyllium husk extract powder
Psyllium husk also simply called psyllium are parts of the seeds of the plant Plantago ovata of the genus Plantago which native to India but can be found elsewhere. Psyllium husks are hygroscopic, capable of absorbing fluids primarily used as bulk forming laxative and a good source of dietary fiber and used commercially to produce mucilage.
Psyllium husk is an effective herb used to control weight and in maintaining general intestinal health. Psyllium husk’s benefits come from its spongy fiber that is not readily digestible presenting a feeling of fullness thus reducing appetite. The fiber-rich psyllium husk also improves digestion while cleansing the system. Psyllium is an excellent source of fiber for low carbohydrate diets that is effective in weight control programs.
Function of psyllium husk extract powder
1. With the function of clearing heat and discharging toxin, antiinflammatory, reduce swelling, treating hematuria;
2. With the function of clearing liver, benefiting eyesight, removing sputum, and treating diarrhea;
3. With the function of preventing and treating swine viral diseases.
Application of psyllium husk extract powder
1) Pharmaceutical as capsules or pills;
2) Functional food as capsules or pills;
3) Water-soluble beverages;
4) Health products as capsules or pills.